Friday 2 May 2014

Smashing the sod

On Sunday we had the double fortune of having two experienced farmers come to the farm. I think I could write a blog just on local legends! Brian came from round the corner to plow up an acre of our land with incredible straight lines. Brian has an organic apple orchard and makes vinegar too. His father Keith made an apple juice machine from a photo he saw in a magazine and is still concocting various plans well into his eighties, like an apple concentrate machine - oh and he has a steam engine powered car which I was lucky enough to ride in last Autumn. Dave, another organic farmer, built his own house and lives off grid - need I say more? That was certainly my dream a few years ago, but now I know that building is not my forte!

No comments:

Post a Comment